| Suzy and Rita |
| Aruba PM before we left |
| I love this....thank you Carol! |
| Nancy Smith on "red" night |
| We would like to thank our travel agent Debbie for arrangeing this cruise... |
| Deb, Kay, Dee and Barbara |
Our last night on board was quite the bumpy ride. First we would hear the hangers in the closet hit the back wall then about 5 seconds later we would hit a "speed bump" and then roll. Sometimes it hit so hard it sounded like the entire ship shuddered when we bottomed out. The closer to Ft. Lauderdale the worse it seemed to get. Then the safe door started to bang...everything was empty now since we had to put the luggage out so the hangers and the safe were empty. We really spent the last day packing, running around getting pictures, envelopes for tips, filling out customs forms, etc. Debbie and I were going to go to the last bingo but never had time as we were meeting Kay and Judy at the wine bar before dinner. Dinner was goodbye night so after that we went to the casino for a short while then back to the cabin to finish and put the luggage out. It was cold and looked like rain in Ft. Lauderdale. Debbie and I were off the ship early and at the airport Crown room a short time later. My Delta status at least gets Debbie access to the Crown room and early boarding when we travel together. The flight was uneventful and Debbie and I said our goodbyes as she had to change concourses to B to go on to Memphis.
The day before was unevenful except that it was the first time ever that Debbie and I both won in the casino on the same tables at the same time. We had a great time and lots of fun that night. I had another straight flush that night which was 3 in one cruise (its rare to get one) and Debbie won as well on three card, then we played blackjack and roulette and back to three card. It was a fun night which doesn't happen often but we enjoyed it while it lasted.
Thanks to my friend Dave who always reads my blog when I travel. I wasn't able to read many of the comments posted until tonight since the internet was so slow. I'm sure the storm had something to do with it. The Witch Doctor song was definitely used and heard a lot last week and the iguana/lizard was rather large. We rounded this corner and there was a guy coming the other way that saw it first. We have seen them that big in Aruba all the time but not with the white coloring on the head like this one had.
Karen, the brain teasers hmmmmm, let me go get one to tell you. Colt Jr. was one, jus 144 tice
Have fun with those. She would give us a paper each night that had the answers from the night before and 16 new teasers. Debbie and I decided we couldn't go to sleep until we had 8 or more but some nights they were so hard we gave in and went to sleep. We missed you Karen. It was great to see Nancy, Deb Ward, Carol Calvin, Carol Cayce, Patty, Diane, Judy B, Martha, Kay & Judy Lesley. Barbara, Suzy, Rita, Dee & Nancy K I had not cruised with before. Son of a gun and gross in justice are the answers to the above. Most required bold and larger print combined with lines and such so difficult to recreate. BTW I just read that the Splendor had an engine fire at about 6 AM Pacific time today which took about 3 hours to contain and then they had another flare up an hour later. Current cruise is cancelled and they were without power off the coast of Mexico with all passengers on Lido. I haven't heard anymore and since I have to work tomorrow, I am heading to bed but it sure made me feel sad...we spent 31 days on that ship together getting it to California.
| Carol Calvin and Deb Ward |
| Our cabin is second balcony with glass rail from bottom and the second in from the end. |
| Do you think they understand these photos? |
No comments:
Post a Comment