Emerald Princess

Emerald Princess

Monday, November 1, 2010

St. Thomas November 1, 2010 All Saints Day









We were awake early as they were using the thrusters to maneuver us into the dock in beautiful St. Thomas this morning. Charlotte Amalie is one of the most picturesque you will see in the Caribbean.  Debbie and I got up and took some photos and then went back to bed and laughed about Kay staring at us all last night while we were singing the Witch Doctor song. After we had breakfast in the dining room today with some lovely elders who discussed their medical conditions, doctors, procedures and drugs we politely excused ourselves and came back to the cabin to get our things to get off. Before doing so we called and left Kay a message….well we sang it…you get the idea..oooo, eeee, oooo, ah, ah, ting-tang, walla-walla-bing-bang. I was still laughing when I got off the ship. It is extremely humid as well as hot and didn’t take long before we were soaked. The Carnival Victory is docked in front of us but we are in the last berth so it was quite the hike to the shops. We were grateful however that we did dock in Havensight instead of at Crown Bay. We found a pharmacy and they were out of Pepcid, they sent us to the grocery store where we did find it, looked through a few shops, I bought a pair of earrings and we came back to the ship. While cutting through an alley behind the shopping center look at the size of the iguana we ran into.  He appears to be fed well.  We had lunch and came back to the cabin so I could write the blog and Debbie needed to make some phone calls. I will write after our surprise visit to St. Kitts tomorrow and catch you up then.

2 comments:

  1. That's a big lizard. A couple of years from now and he will be big enough to eat you cruisers. That Witch Doctor song was on the radio a couple of days ago. Amazing how no one can forget those words. You should grab that Spider from Botticellis and bring it home to put on my Spyder. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Witch Doctor Song. Glad Tomas is getting you to St Kitts. Many of us did Dominica on the 50 day SA adventure. I am enjoying the pictures and I miss you all.
    Flat Karen

    ReplyDelete